To make it simple, flavours are edible, while fragrances are not.
Yes. Viet Huong JSC has invested and built a factory in Long Hau Industrial Park, Long An Province manufacturing liquid and powdered flavours and seasoning powder for food and pharmaceutical industries with the technology from France. Our Company is implementing the Food Safety Management System FSSC 22000 recognized by Bureau Veritas Certification.
– Shampoo: 1 – 1.4%
– Lotion: 0.3 – 0.5%
– Shower gel: 1 – 1.5%
– Soap: 1 – 1.2%
– Powdered detergent: 0.3 – 0.5%
– Liquid detergent: 0.5 – 1%
– Liquid soap: 0.8 – 1%
– Lubricant: 0.02 – 0.04%
– Scented candles: 2 – 3%
Yes, you can use the fragrances for fine perfumes in cosmetic and body care products but we are used to work on specific qualities as each base request a specific formulation to have the best lasting and stability.
There are 5 types of perfume as follows:
– Parfum Classic: the most concentrated type of perfume, containing 22 – 40% of essential oil (very long lasting, from 8 to 10 hours).
– Eau de Parfum (EDP): containing 12 – 20% of essential oil (lasting from 6 to 8 hours).
– Eau de Toilette (EDT): containing 5 – 12% of essential oil (lasting from 4 to 6 hours).
– Eau de Cologne: only contains 2 – 4% of essential oil (lasting from 3 to 4 hours).
– Eau Fraiche: the most diluted type of perfume, containing only 1 – 3% of essential oil (lasting from 2 to 3 hours)
It is a question of base and of course fragrance, it can be stable in a finished product few years. Like fragrance it depends if the finish product is kept closed and not in to warm or sunny place.
The percentages of fragrance in finish products depends of the applications, the type of products (cosmetic, body care, hair care, airfreshner, softener, etc…). Please find below dosage commonly used but there is no regulation everybody can use at the percentage he wants :
- Cosmetic : 0,3 to 1%
- Fine fragrance : Cologne or body mist : 2 to 8% most of the time, Edt : 8% to 18%, Edp over 18%
- Body care and hair care : 0,5 to 2% most of the time higher dosage for hair care and for other type of product
There is not any legislation. The only regulation that we follow is the IFRA recommendations or specific requests regarding forbidden ingredients that some customers do not want to have written on their packaging.
There is not really any sign indicating that it is not good or safe but as every fragrance is different that is why we give 1 year for optimal use.
In an aircon area, stability of temperature, and keep the drum closed as much as possible, not in to warm or sunny place.
We follows strictly all the regulations regarding IFRA, CMR. It is not poisonous it depends of the person in contact some are more sensible than other. The regulations are more and more strict nowadays in order to protect the people who works everyday in contact with the fragrance.
The only effect can be on the stability of the base and the stability of the fragrance, otherwise if both are stable there is no problem in finished products.
No particular notice, just to keep the fragrance in aircon room and keep the drum closed as much as possible. When you handle the drums it is better to use gloves and glasses to protect you, you never know what can happen.
The fragrance can change the color of finished products as there is interactions between some chemicals or if the fragrance is really brown or dark yellow and the dosage of fragrance used is high.
For these reasons it is very important to test the fragrance in the base and when you have a project to send us the base to check the stability.